I am going to start with food and exercise stuff to get it out-of-the-way and then I will write about my adventure at the DMV this morning.
- I received my free drink voucher in the mail from Starbucks for my birthday so I redeemed it for a non-fat Chai Latte. I think this was about 5 points. Not sure.
- I was already hungry and on my way to the DMV so against my better judgement I got a piece of “Very berry coffee cake.” I only ate half and kept the other half for my Grandma who loves leftovers = 5 points <—— SERIOUSLY?!?! If I ate the entire piece that would have been 10 points?! EW!
- I also bought a cranberry almond bar for the road. I ended up eating half of that too and giving the other half to Grandma. She has been super stoked about all this leftover food, let me tell you! = 3 points
- Blueberries = 0 points
- I have 17 points left which is kind of a lot for 3pm in the afternoon but I am meeting my friend, Sondi for dinner and I don’t want to have to eat only veggies and chicken breast. Also, she texted me and said…and I quote….”F*** your diet, we are going to eat food and go to the Sugar Factory afterwards.” HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
- After the DMV I went to the mall to return a dress. I was 30 minutes early before the stores opened so I walked around the mall like all the older adults and new moms or pregnant ladies = +1 Activity Points
2.) I came home and ran around the house for about an hour bending, moving, cleaning, picking up things, dancing with myself, etc. etc. which earns me Activity Points as well. SCORE. I earned = +2 points for this.
Speaking of the mall……
I took pictures of a problem I have encountered my entire life and I am more than positive there are a few women out there that feel my pain. Here it is…..my boobs are too big compared to my stomach area <—I did not explain that correctly hahaha.
Yah, Yah……I know if you are a straight man reading this you are probably saying “And the problem is????” …….IT IS A PROBLEM. Here’s why: If my stomach area is a medium and my boobs need a large shirt then I am stuck in this awkward situation of either smashing my boobs into a shirt that is too small OR I have to buy a shirt that is huge and sloppy around my stomach to accommodate my boobs. It is probably one of the most annoying things about having a large chest. I found a dress that was 100% my style and I went and tried it on praying to the Heaven’s Above that it would fit. Well lookey here….it did not.
The DMV story
I packed more stuff for this DMV trip then I do when I go on long flights to far away lands. A short rundown of what I brought:
- Noise canceling headphones
- Bag of papers to organize
- …………I am ridiculous
I was completely prepared to spend my entire day in there so of course I was pleasantly surprised when it only took 45 minutes to complete everything! I had to get a new driver’s license picture taken so I also went to the appointment looking semi-decent so I didn’t traumatize myself like the first time I took my driver’s license picture when I was 16.
The first time I took my driver’s license picture I was not prepared at all. I had no make-up on, my hair was pulled back and I’m pretty sure I was in a sweater. They took the picture, it came in the mail and to my horror I looked like a disgruntled 40-year-old cafeteria worker. It also looked like I had a cock-eye. No joke. I have NO IDEA WHY I never went and retook the picture but I didn’t. I had that license for about 6 years until I had to retake it again in 2002 ish. That picture WAS SO BAD that I had people laugh at me, say to me “THIS ISN’T YOU!!!!”, question me about the information on the ID to confirm that it was actually me…..I even had a guy tell me one time “You look terrible in this picture. Please go take another one asap.”
So when I was 22 I got dressed up, went tanning, did my makeup and hair and went and took the picture. Here it is:
And now I will continue with how this stupid driver’s license story has a twist. When I was 22 and received my new license with a presentable picture I was super stoked. I didn’t realize though that every time I went out in public wearing no makeup and looking like a troll people were going to see this ID picture, look up at me and probably think to themselves, “Holy Sh*t, this girl has really let herself go.” HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH.
I CANNOT WIN.
So for the past 6-7 years I have had people do the opposite of my 1st license which was compliment me on what a nice picture I took, only to look up at me with a disconcerting look on their faces wondering why I wasn’t as dressed up as the picture.
I just hope that my picture I took today comes out “ok”….not super great….not super horrible….just average so I don’t have to be sent on an emotional roller coaster every time I get carded for something.
Additional funny things that happened today in the DMV:
- I changed my address on my license to my Grandma’s address which is where I temporarily live.
- When I started to do the eye test I started off reading the letters by saying “BDE8JK….oh wait….” Then I realized that I obviously got it wrong because there are no numbers in those eye charts. The DMV guy enjoyed that very much.
- I re-registered to vote since I moved to Los Angeles County after 5 years in San Diego and almost 2 years in Orange County. When I came to this question I desperately wanted to write under the “other” option “Unicorn Sparkle Party ” OR the quote from Sex and the City “I don’t believe in the Republican party or the Democratic party. I just believe in parties.” I should have done it.
4.) …….. see picture below
5.) Last but not least…..I openly admit that I can’t stand when people take pictures of me. I really really really really really really don’t like it so naturally, having my driver’s license picture taken was torture. I think the guy taking it felt my awkward energy and asked if I wanted to see it. I agreed and looked. It was alright. I joked with him if he had a Instagram filter he could throw on it and he just looked at me like I was nuts.
This morning my friend Christina posted on my Facebook a picture of her looking at this food seductively with the following comment:
“I give you full license to use this picture on your blog. Also I miss you already, also I’m super proud of you, also I ate a cookie for breakfast and I feel great about it. Love you.”
I leave you with this quote to think about for a few seconds and then move on with your fantastic life:
Song I blogged to today: “Gold Coast” by Grouplove