HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE!
Ok I’m back.
The holidays are over, I am definitely fatter…..in fact, I am avoiding the scale completely but I am really really really happy.
This feels really weird that I am updating people about my life because I am seriously no one..just some weird chick living in LA, working and hanging out with my boyfriend and dog but I noticed people are still visiting my blog so I guess you guys are gluttons for punishment and want to know what’s going on with me. So here it goes:
What I have been doing for the past 2 weeks:
- I moved in completely to my new place. It’s wonderful and I love it.
- Tommy came into town 2 weeks ago because he is on winter break from school so I have been spending every waking moment with him.
- I had THEE BEST TIME in the Nico Vega music video for their song Beast that is about to blow up the charts. You just watch. Here are a few pictures from the shoot
- I got really sick after drumming for 8 hours straight, covered in dust from the shoot 😦 I came down with a really bad cold that I am now 99% recovered from
- Tommy and I went to Vegas and saw Zumanity. It was great even though I was sick and just ended up spending a lot of time in bed
- Christmas, Hannukah and New Years Eve passed. I hung out with family, exchanged presents..the whole bit.
- For New Years, Tommy and I had a really nice dinner in Downtown Pasadena and just enjoyed a quiet night at home.
- For New Years Day, Tessa, Tommy and I went on a mini road trip to Salvation Mountain in Niland, CA. You might have heard of it if you ever saw the movie Into The Wild or you might have heard of it just because you know about really cool places to visit in California 🙂 I will let the pictures speak for itself and you can research it more if you ever want to visit……do it.
After going on this road trip and having as much fun as we had I have decided to make what I like to call a “Fun Jar” for Los Angeles. I made a “Fun Jar” when I lived in San Diego whereby I researched a lot of things to do in SD for free or cheap and I wrote each “thing” on a tiny piece of paper, crumbled it up and threw it in a jar. Everyday I would shake the jar, pull out a piece of paper and do whatever was on the paper. I would also purposely put things in the jar that I wouldn’t typically wouldn’t want to do, thereby forcing myself into doing things that are “out of the box” ….for me at least.
There are SO many things to do in every city that go overlooked. Granted, we had to pay for gas to get out to Salvation Mountain but visiting there is free (unless you want to donate to the man that lives out there and has dedicated his life to painting this mountain.)
Oftentimes I get into a routine of staying home out of laziness or just being too tired to do anything else other than watch Netflix. I think the Fun Jar for LA is going to be my New Years Resolution. I am going to find 30 things to do before I turn 30 out here in LA. I turn 30 in September which gives me 9 months to do a bunch of cool/fun stuff. I think it will also make me feel more connected to Los Angeles since it’s really not my ideal city to live in.
Ok there you have it. I am not going to pretend like my New Year’s Resolution is going to be to lose weight or get back on the weight loss train. If it comes off, it will. If I want to lose weight I will. If I want to eat like an idiot, I will. I don’t want to put a ton of pressure on myself to lose weight, fail and then feel like a loser like I have been my entire life, therefore I just won’t set the bar too high on this one. I will continue to blog but it will be more about what is going on in my life instead of losing weight and working out. I certainly will blog about that when it happens but I am not going to focus on it. I don’t know if this sounds like I am giving up or what but I just don’t want the focus to be on weight loss anymore. If anything I want the focus to be on eating more vegetables and lowering my cholesterol. So that’s about it….and now for the greatest news ever…….
Tommy is moving back to Los Angeles in 2 weeks!!!!
I am sooooooooooooooooooo excited about this!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are literally no words. Although I love Austin, TX and he does too life has thrown us a curve ball and he has decided to move back. Our goal is to move to Austin in the future (2-3 years) as a more permanent thing but as of right now he is going to come back to LA to go to school and be near me XOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
That’s about it! I hope everyone has a beautiful day and thanks again for always coming back to read my blog.